I don’t like making desserts very much because in order to make really good ones, it usually calls for sugar, sugar, and more sugar. I try to stay away from sugar as much as possible, so I was very happy to see this post from Heat Oven to 350. Of course I made a few changes, so here it is!
1 cup peanuts
2 tablespoons sugar-free honey
2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar substitute
4 1/2 cups cheerios
1 giant dark chocolate Hershey’s bar (6.8 oz)
1. Put cheerios in a blender and blend them finely. Put them in a large mixing bowl.
2. Put sugar substitute in the blender and blend until very powdery, then mix that into the mixing bowl.
3. If you want the peanut mixture chunky, use a blender (which is what I used). If you want it smooth, use a food processor. Anyway, blend the peanuts, water, and honey together until you like the texture of the peanut butter.
4. Mix this with your sweetener and cheerios and add melted butter.
5. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt your chocolate bars. While waiting for this to melt, mash your peanut butter mixture into a baking dish or long, flat Tupperware container. Pack it like brown sugar.
5. When your chocolate is melted, pour it on top of the mixture and put it in the fridge to set.
This was quite the success! It was annoying not having the food processor to make the peanuts into peanut butter, but my parents really liked the chunkiness of the peanuts, so I’ll make it like that from now on. I’m not a peanut lover, myself, but even I enjoyed the chunks!