While I’m not a big fan of making desserts, making a Nutella cheesecake was one of the best ideas my mother has EVER had! She got the idea from Just A Pinch, but we amended the recipe because we wanted more Nutella and less sugar!
1 package cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup sugar (I used sweetener)
1/2 stick butter
3/4 cup Nutella
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup sour cream
1 box vanilla wafers
1 pie dish
Note: If you don’t want to crush vanilla wafers and prefer to use a premade pie dish or make your own crust, you can do that. My mom and I just like the wafers!
1. Preheat your oven to 275 degrees.
2. Layer vanilla wafers along the bottom of the pie dish, then crush extra wafers to fill in any spaces.
3. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and butter together. Once it’s smooth, add the sugar and vanilla extract. Mix, then add Nutella and sour cream. Mixed well and then add eggs. Once this mixture is mixed really well, just pour it into your pie dish!
4. Bake for 25 minutes. You’ll notice the consistency seems pretty thin, like it’s Jell-O. Don’t worry, it’s supposed to be like that! Put it someplace where it will cool – I put it under a fan because I was impatient and wanted to eat it.
5. Once it’s cool, place it in the fridge for a few hours or until it’s completely set.