Buffalo Chicken Pizza is of the biggest taboos in cooking ever for me. In Italy, pizza is made very specifically, and chicken and hot sauce are definitely not invited to be toppings. However, this is America, where anything can happen, and this was where the Buffalo Chicken Pizza was born!
Anyway, since I’m on my Buffalo sauce binge, instead of studying, I thought I’d share my recipe with you guys!
1 or 2 pizza crusts (I generally spread the mix onto two pizzas)
1 cup Frank’s buffalo sauce
1/4 cup extra Frank’s buffalo sauce to mix with ranch
1/2 ranch dressing (or blue cheese), more to taste
10 oz cooked chicken, sliced or shredded
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
extra Frank’s for sauce
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Roll out pizza crust onto baking sheet. Mix 1/4 cup Frank’s and 1/2 cup ranch together. This will be your “tomato” sauce. Spread this on your pizza crust.
3. In a bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup hot sauce and chicken together. If I’m cooking for my parents, I’ll add a little more ranch to this so that they’re not dying from all that hot.
4. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly on top, then add the chicken as evenly as possible.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is brown.
I guess when you cook the pizza, a lot of the hot from the Buffalo sauce seems to go away, so I will definitely drizzle some extra sauce on top of my slices. Others like to dip it in ranch. Do whatever you want, but enjoy the heck out of it!